The quietest riding, best handling coach on the market today. Period.
Skip to main content
Topic: 2023 Entegra Ethos LI BATTERY (Read 661 times) previous topic - next topic

2023 Entegra Ethos LI BATTERY

Bought my Entegra Ethos in January, 2024. It’s on the Ram Promaster 3500 chassis and no problems with the chassis. Initially used it for day outings and all was well. Received the recall notice on the Renogy battery in April and ran through the tests but didn’t have any of the issues warned about in the recall. Went on the first multi day trip recently. After three days of all working as it should, Renogy battery is no longer charging while driving. Had previously charged perfectly while driving, but no more. Still charged up when connected to 30 amp shore power. Upon returning home, noticed an imbalance in the cell voltages so ran the process to correct and recalibrate. Also completely shut down the battery and then restarted as some posts said that had solved recharging while driving issue. Today put on 60 miles but still no battery charging while driving.  Started at 92% and ended at about 84% SOC. Only current draw was frig and brief use of water pump. Wanted to use the microwave so switched the inverter on…… it would not turn on, tried couple times. So non-functioning converter my latest problem. 

Re: 2023 Entegra Ethos LI BATTERY

Reply #1
Update. I turned off / shut down the Li battery. Then turned back on. Inverter now functioning once again.

Reply #2
Bought my Entegra Ethos in January, 2024. It’s on the Ram Promaster 3500 chassis and no problems with the chassis. Initially used it for day outings and all was well. Received the recall notice on the Renogy battery in April and ran through the tests but didn’t have any of the issues warned about in the recall. Went on the first multi day trip recently. After three days of all working as it should, Renogy battery is no longer charging while driving. Had previously charged perfectly while driving, but no more. Still charged up when connected to 30 amp shore power. Upon returning home, noticed an imbalance in the cell voltages so ran the process to correct and recalibrate. Also completely shut down the battery and then restarted as some posts said that had solved recharging while driving issue. Today put on 60 miles but still no battery charging while driving.  Started at 92% and ended at about 84% SOC. Only current draw was frig and brief use of water pump. Wanted to use the microwave so switched the inverter on…… it would not turn on, tried couple times. So non-functioning converter my latest problem.

So you did you take your van in to get the software firmware update to ...4-4 correct?  I didn't see that in your post.  And now you can't charge while driving.  I have the same van as you.

I am having the same problem regarding the alternator not charging the battery.  I did take mine in for the firmware update only.  I didn't have any stuck contactor.  Charging while driving worked before the software/firmware update.  That is the main way I get the battery charged. The dealership who installed the software/firmware doesn't know how to fix it.  I called another dealership of same company.  And she said that if the total voltage in the Samkoon screen is 53.0V and above, the battery wont charge while in transit (alternator charging battery).  So I asked her how to get it below 53.0V.  She said to use the battery.  And not to rely on the SOC.  Its the total voltage is what matter.  So hopefully this will work.  She also said that the software update was to prevent from overcharging and heating the battery to the point of fire and this is why you won't be able to charge while driving.  I am boondocked right now and won't be able to test till a couple of days from now.  I am using the battery and i got it as low as 52.8V (I don't know if me setting inverter#37 to 52.8V is why, more on that below) but then it jumped back to 53.1V, so I don't get that.  If its depleting the battery why did it jump back up.  Solar?  At night i saw it go from 53.0V to 53.1 lol.

But before i called the other dealership.  I also tried to recalibrate and maybe thinking per manual that it was a stuck SOC was the issue.  So again per the manual switched #9 inverter setting to 54.4V and used shore power to charge to 100%.  Switched it back. to 54.0V.  Then drove to the place I boondock by work.  I won't know if the alternator charged the battery of course because its already at 100%.  But i will soon find out when i go to my next place in a couple of days now.  So then I called the other dealership to schedule a visit. 

My inverter does work though, thank god.

I will use up the battery to try and get it to lower than 53.0V.  One, I hope that recalibrating (if I even did that right)  that i will now charge while driving regardless of total voltage.  Two, that the other dealership is correct that that it has to be under 53.0V to charge in transit.  And that is what the software update did to our battery.

Also in the manual under troubleshooting.  Under, lithium battery,  If battery not charging,  voltage may be too high.  Which basically to me means 53.0V and above according to the other dealership.  So i guess that the other dealership is right in that regard. But this is pre recall manual. And the remedy for that is "Inverter Setting #37 default is 52.0V - The unit will need to discharge before charging"  This is not under the Alternator not charging category.  Only under the Lithium Battery.  Also I have mine now set to 52.8V whatever that does.  I switched thinking it can charge under transit depending on a higher total voltage.  Mind you this is pre recall manual.  No where in the Alternator troubleshooting category does it say that if battery not charging, voltage is too high.  Its not even published anywhere post recall software update if that is one of things the software was suppose to do. 

So I am not getting my hopes up. 

You posted this 4 weeks ago, I just just got the software/firmware update over the weekend.  Any udpates or fixes to your van that you can share.

Reply #3
Update. I turned off / shut down the Li battery. Then turned back on. Inverter now functioning once again.

How about the charging while driving? Read my first reply to your OP.  Thanks.