The quietest riding, best handling coach on the market today. Period.
Skip to main content
Topic: Question about slide seals from a new owner of a ‘23 Reatta XL (Read 803 times) previous topic - next topic

Question about slide seals from a new owner of a ‘23 Reatta XL

Hello!

First, thank you to all in this community who post and respond to questions, observations, etc. This forum and others like it have been super helpful in my RV journey and my research ahead of my most recent purchase.

With that, I have what may be a very dumb question/concern about my new ‘23 Reatta XL 37K. This unit has four slides, two large slides for the family room/kitchen and two small slides for the bedroom. The two in the rear appear to be the schwintek style. When I compare the weather seals, the front are the usual wiper+D style seal. Super beefy and visually VERY well sealed. However the two, small rear slides don’t look to be sealed nearly as well. There is still a small wiper/d style seal in the cutout hole, but then nothing but some flashing. More concerning, I can see light coming in through the OUTER perimeter of the installed slide, meaning there’s apparently nothing to stop light/wind/water from having an egress point outside of the rubber seal.

Am I crazy? Is this normal? Weirdly, when I look at these areas from the outside of the RV everything looks right and well sealed, I can’t figure out for the life of me how light is shining through so clearly from the inside. Its apparent on all four corners of both rear slides. It’s so apparent that they either completely missed aspects of my slide install sealing (on both slides, top and bottom) OR there is a design/manufacturing defect endemic to all of these OR I’m overthinking this and am crazy. Haha. Thoughts from the pros?