The quietest riding, best handling coach on the market today. Period.
Skip to main content
Topic: Slide out issue (Read 1783 times) previous topic - next topic

Slide out issue

I have a 2021 Entegra Vision 27A, recently i have had issue with the bedroom slide. When extending it went out about a foot and seemed to get wedged. I was able to get it in alignment and check power, it appeared my battery was losing power. I changed both 6 volt batteries and it worked well. I went camping three days later had no issue but returned home after 2 days out and the bedroom slide is out of alignment again. I do have paperwork that shows a motor was replaced less than a year ago, any help would be appreciated.

Re: Slide out issue

Reply #1
Hi Brian!
I had a similar issue with my slide on an Entegra Odyssey 24B. It would extend about 3-4 inches or so then stop at a slight angle. After getting it back in, I reviewed lots of YouTube videos on care and maintenance of the Schwintek slide system. I ended up extending it all the way out, cleaning the tracks and then lubricating them with CRC Power Lube High Performance Lubricant w/PTFE (in a green can). You can find it on Amazon. I also sprayed a small amount on the motors where indicated, shown on a Lippert Schwintek video which is online.
I then ran the slide in and out several times, keeping the button depressed for a few seconds after full extension or retraction until the motor completely stopped. The motors are quite finicky in that they get confused of where they are in the extend/retract cycle if you by chance stop the process mid extension or retraction.
Since then (about 15 extension/ retractions) all has worked well.
I would recommend taking a look at some of the YouTube videos - very worthwhile.

Hope this helps!

Jon

Re: Slide out issue

Reply #2
With these Schswinntec drives you must be careful to activate the extend/retract switch all the way and then hold it for several seconds for all the motors to sync up properly.  Never stop partway open or closed as this will through the motors out of sync.

If you slide out does not sync properly after several trys you may have to reset the schwinntec control module (which is usually hidden in a nearby cabinet) to the factory settings.  Check a utube video on resetting the control model.