The quietest riding, best handling coach on the market today. Period.
Skip to main content
Topic: Considering Odessey 24B. Any feedback? (Read 1668 times) previous topic - next topic

Considering Odessey 24B. Any feedback?

Considering a new or used 24b.  Maybe 2022 or later.  Anything different from model year 2022 to 24 that I should know?  Can anyone give me feedback on MPG? Or any other feedback.

Re: Considering Odessey 24B. Any feedback?

Reply #1
We have a 2021 Odyssey 24b. Bought new and have roughly 17,000 miles on it. We have towed 2 and 4 door Jeep Wrangler Sports and get around 8 mpg. It tows very nicely. Happy to answer any and all questions you may have.

Reply #2
We have a 2021 Odyssey 24b. Bought new and have roughly 17,000 miles on it. We have towed 2 and 4 door Jeep Wrangler Sports and get around 8 mpg. It tows very nicely. Happy to answer any and all questions you may have.

Thanks..that has the V8, right?  Anything that you do not like?  Anything you have upgraded or changed on your own?  Do you have standard 1000 inverter?  Any solar?

Reply #3
Correct - V8. Standard inverter. No solar (yet). Overall, really like the rig. The following are nitpicky issues:
Driving - this is my 1st Class C so it took a lil getting used to, to not being able to glance over my shoulder to clear the blind spot due to the protruding chassis. Get used to the dash camera when changing lanes n side mirrors.
Queen bed - a lil small but adequate. If u have a dog that comes along and is accustomed to sleeping on the bed, the bed is way to small for a couple n the pooch. There are no side shelf's by the bed, so install where u can if needed.
Chassis water filter - for my year rig, the water filter is behind the BR drawers. Insane place to put it. Need to be a gymnast to twist ur body on the floor to get to it. I’m at a point where I ignore it and use an additional filter on the outdoor hose.
Bathroom - Shower doors just removed. Too hard to keep clean. Putting shower rod n curtain in. Bathroom could use a shelf somewhere….
Dinette - The kids are grown n really don’t use it now for eating, etc., going to remove it for theater seating.
More to follow…….slide issue, cargo storage space, etc

Reply #4
Thank you...if you get a chance to look at the yellow label to see what the cargo capacity is, I would appreciate it.  The bed is short, 70" and I am 5'10".  You think that is an issue?  I feel like my toes will hang over the end, but that isn't always bad either...

Reply #5
My mentioning of cargo space refers to just a lack of compartments to put stuff in. Fairly limited if you’re taking camping chairs, small stand up grill, etc. The towed Jeep comes in handy in that regard. Any specifications on cargo hauling capacity can probably be found online (my rig is 30 min’s away in a storage facility). The queen bed is fine for me, I’m 5’ 11’ n there’s no issues.
Electrical - while running the A/C, if you use the microwave or a hair dryer, the circuit breaker will trip. Weak system overall. I found during the heat of the summer, the A/C unit just can’t keep up unless you’re in a shady camping spot.
Slide out - no problems for almost 3 years then started acting up last month. Would extend a few inches then stop. Or would not retract from full open position. Went thru the trouble shooting tips to fix onsite. Got it home, cleaned n lubricated the tracks n working fine right now.
Recalls/service bulletins, etc - this is my first Motorhome (previously had a small travel trailer), so I learned quickly that the RV dealership only handles issues dealing with the RV side of the rig. The chassis, engine, suspension, etc is handled by Ford. So you need to have a local Ford dealership that works on E-450 trucks. I don’t, the nearest one is 2 hours away. So recalls are a pain.
Auto self-leveling system - overall, works pretty well. After 3 years, a lil weak in leveling. Needs to be recalibrated or renulled as they say.
Enuf for now, beginning to ramble!

Reply #6
Thx!  Great stuff and I appreciate you taking the time.

Reply #7
We are also on the market for odyssey 24B. We have done a lot of research and we decided to get the 2024 year model as it has a 12V refrigerator. For us that’s a better call. We have a travel trailer now with a 2way frig. The 12V is better. We have a bed that folds now so having the one in the 24B isn’t an issue and we like sleeping with our feet hanging out so a 70” bed will be fine. Just waiting for a 2024 to arrive on the lot so we can see it (haven’t seen one in person yet) before we order ours. Good luck on your decision Todd.