The quietest riding, best handling coach on the market today. Period.
Skip to main content
Topic: Genset (Read 1489 times) previous topic - next topic

Genset

We have a 2021 Ethos.  I want to change the oil in the Onan QG 2800 generator, but I can’t determine if it has an oil filter.  Does anyone know for sure? Thank you. Wm. Burns

Re: Genset

Reply #1
I looked through the owners manual. It tells about oil change but doesn't mention anything about an oil filter. So, probably doesn't have one.

Later...
Ray
Later...
Ray
2014 Anthem 42RBQ

Reply #2
Well that was my take, but the Entegra (Jayco) Customer Service rep says he “thinks” it does.  So a filter needed, I would want it ahead of time of course.  The Oman rep needs a serial number.  There’s about a 6 inch ground clearance so I’m not getting under it.  WB

Reply #3
The Ethos generator is a splash lubrication only unit, so no oil filter and only takes 1 quart of oil.  Change oil as recommended by the manual.  First one at 20 hours then at 150 hours thereafter.
Be warned the Cummins Dealers charge $155 to change the 1 quart of oil.  Sheesh!  Had trouble with the lack of clearance also.  Take to a local mechanic that has a proper lift or that doesn't mind crawling under the unit.  Lack of access is a constant problem with any rig!