The quietest riding, best handling coach on the market today. Period.
Skip to main content
Topic: Windshield Wiper Pivot Assembly Replacement (Read 1550 times) previous topic - next topic

Windshield Wiper Pivot Assembly Replacement

Anyone know how to do this? It looks like pushing out the Jenny and getting to the wiper motor through the space between the Jenny and the wiper motor.

We have a 2017 Entegra Anthem 44B. Both wiper arms and pivot assemblies (which the wiper arms attach to) are completely stripped. First the driver's arm we far to the left in a bad storm and I just tightened down the bolt and it seemed to work. Then the passenger side wiper arm went right almost to the door to enter the coach. When I checked by removing the arms, both arms and pivot assemblies were stripped bare. They were working mostly out of friction, but the gears were stripped and bald.

So, I was able to order new arms and pivot assemblies, and it looks pretty straightforward to replacing the pivot assemblies. Some bolts and patience.

I just can't find anything but my experience with cars to make sure I am doing it correctly. Anyone else had to replace both of these before?

Re: Windshield Wiper Pivot Assembly Replacement

Reply #1
Chances are the assembly is not stripped. The teeth are just filled up with aluminum from the wiper arm. Wiper arm is aluminum the assembly is steel, it will always be the wiper that strips. You can clean the assembly with a small screwdriver and a wire brush. Once clean, you can remount the wiper and it will get a fresh bite on the clean assembly teeth.

Later...
Ray
Later...
Ray
2014 Anthem 42RBQ

Re: Windshield Wiper Pivot Assembly Replacement

Reply #2
That was my first thought. They are both definitely stripped. I took out my wire brush to at least get rid of the aluminum "dust" and put them back on while we were on the road. Now that we are stationary for a few weeks, I did a more thorough inspection and they definitely need to be replaced. We ordered and received new arms and pivot arms and they both look like they are made of steel now. I think when the coach was made they went cheap on these parts.