The quietest riding, best handling coach on the market today. Period.
Skip to main content
Topic: 2016 Anthem front driver slide won't retract (Read 1602 times) previous topic - next topic

2016 Anthem front driver slide won't retract

The front driver side slide on my 2016 Anthem won't retract. When I push the retract button It just makes a few clicks as has been normal and then stops...with the extend button depressed it will move back out an inch or so and stop but it will not retract. I've tried connecting this slide to another retract input circuit on the ALTA board but it doesn't change the operation of the slide. I'm about ready to use the "hammer" method and tap the slide motor while my wife presses the retract button but this may be a waste of time and risk doing some additonal damage.
Any ideas!
Jim

Re: 2016 Anthem front driver slide won't retract

Reply #1
Jim,
I had the  same issue. It came in but sporadically.
When I got home ordered a new motor and installed. Problem solved.
Out of curiosity I disassembled the old motor and found that the gears had stripped over time.
Also, I then ordered and carry a spare motor. If it happened once it could happen again and don't want to be stuck somewhere waiting for a new motor with todays supply chain issues. there are two sizes of motor. Make sure you get the more powerful one. In the 2016's they used the more powerful motor for all four slides and later years used a weaker motor for all but the big slide in front.
If you carry a spare you don't want to be caught with the weak motor if you need it for the front slide.
Expensive spare but better to b prepared.
Also, make sure you periodically check the 4 mounting bolts on all motors are tight. They have a tendency to loosen over time.

Safe travels...Gregg