The quietest riding, best handling coach on the market today. Period.
Skip to main content
Topic: 2022 Vision XL Solar Panels (Read 2572 times) previous topic - next topic

2022 Vision XL Solar Panels

Has anyone added solar panels to their existing system? My documentation the came from the factory did not contain any information about the panel that came with the rig. I would like to better understand what I have and how to improve on it. There is nothing on the house batteries either. I have been looking at the battle born batteries lithium ion batteries too and may upgrade to those in the future. Any ideas where I can find information that I am missing?

Re: 2022 Vision XL Solar Panels

Reply #1
Has anyone added solar panels to their existing system? My documentation the came from the factory did not contain any information about the panel that came with the rig. I would like to better understand what I have and how to improve on it. There is nothing on the house batteries either. I have been looking at the battle born batteries lithium ion batteries too and may upgrade to those in the future. Any ideas where I can find information that I am missing?

What I did can be found here.

As for the solar, add anything you want, just use a different solar controller to the battery. I add external solar to BOTH of my house batteries when boondocked. One for the stock lead acids and the other for the lith I added as shown in the link above. That means I have a total of three solar controllers. two plus the stock.

-Don-  Reno, NV

Re: 2022 Vision XL Solar Panels

Reply #2
Thanks, you are way ahead of me! I just want to know wha the setting are supposed to be on the Firefly control panel in the coach with what I have for now. I am so darn confused on upgrading anything at the moment. I have the basisc AGM batteries and decided to wait until those are toast before I do anything else. I did add two more 190 Watt panels for a total of 3. But, I do not know if they are working! The Firefly panel was not set up correctly (set at GEL for the batteries and many other setting were incorrect) but the output shows 0 for watts. I am still digging into into though. La Mesa RV in Sanford FL has had the coach twice to figure out was the issue is and have had it for about 3 months total time, but it is still not set up correctly. The Winegard Connect has never work either.