The quietest riding, best handling coach on the market today. Period.
Skip to main content
Topic: Rand McNally Locking Up (Read 2688 times) previous topic - next topic

Rand McNally Locking Up

This is my first Post.  Just purchased a 2017 Cornerstone and on our maiden voyage.  Updated the software and maps before I left but the darn thing is locking up after about 10 minutes.  Just freezes.  No errors.  I did a search but could not find similar issues or I just not very good at searching site.  Is this a known issue or am I just the lucky one? 
Ohio - HOF City

Re: Rand McNally Locking Up

Reply #1
Mine freezes up all the time (2021 Cornerstone).  It's almost worthless.  I use it, but also use my iphone as the "dominant" GPS. I downloaded "Hammer" app (it's free) and you can enter in all your specs.  It's a pretty good app.

Reply #2
I found a few posts about temperature or heat generated by the main controller.  I pulled it out of the cabinet and it was so hot I could hardly hold it.  Long story short, installed a 12v cabinet fan in the boxed in area and just vented it into the cabinet.  Never froze up at all during my last trip.  Problem resolved!
Ohio - HOF City

Reply #3
On my 2016 Anthem, When I use the automatic leveling it seems the body of the coach is sitting on the top of the front tires. Yes my front wheels are straight. I cannot feel or see in that area to do a visual. I am not sure if this is happening so after the coach is done leveling and jacks are complete I manually lift  the front two jacks a little bit just in case it is happening. Any comments??

Reply #4
Hello;

Hoping this will help a few others out there.

Take a few moments and have a look at Garmin for RV'ing. It has the ability to put in all your coaches' dimensions and can mount out of the way. Also, if, you have Verizon, look at getting a standalone iPad device that can mount to your right (with its own mount) that can have the exact same route you plan on taking pulled up on it as well. This way, while you drive, your 2nd in command has the ability to pull the iPad out, and have a look, add to or change info. depending on traffic, lateness of the hour, good spots to pull over for the night and in general helps out as well.

Setting ours up the exact same way for not only my ease, but my wife's as well.

Hope this helps
Tex