The quietest riding, best handling coach on the market today. Period.
Skip to main content
Topic: Check fuel filler cap, engine light (Read 1810 times) previous topic - next topic

Check fuel filler cap, engine light

Hi everyone! I have a 2020 Entegra Vision 29S with about 8K miles. I continue to have the "check fuel cap" light display on my dash, along with the engine light. The dealer has looked at this/repaired it 3 times already. Typically, I can drive about 300 miles before the check fuel cap light comes back on. The last time it was at the dealer, about 3 weeks ago, the code was P0457. I called Ford, they said because this coach is a Class A, the issue is definitely with the coach and not Ford. Has anyone else had this issue? If so, what did you do to fix it? Thanks in advance!

Re: Check fuel filler cap, engine light

Reply #1
I also had the check fuel cap light come on, and then the check engine light came on with a P0457 code.  This code states that either the fuel cap is loose or off, or there is an evaporative leak in the fuel system.  Since I’ve only got 1,300 miles on a nine month old Entegra Odyssey 24B, I doubt it is an evaporative leak.  The fuel cap looks like a cheap aftermarket cap and not a Ford part, so I’m going to try and fix that first.  I cleared the code and will drive the RV down to the gas station to fill it and see if the code pops again.